1. March 11- MARKET TOP
2. ABS RADIO
3. MY FAVORITE SMI STORY
1. Coming back rested from Florida, it looks like I was right and a market top may well be in place as forecast for March 11. Certainly a VERY tradeable local top was made, and at this moment I believe IT WILL REMAIN THE TOP FOR ALL OF 1997. SO 7111. PLEASE HOLD! Since the change in Dow accounting was made while I was away, I have yet to determine the need to recalibrate my P1 target of 5122.
2. We are now broadcasting REGULARLY on Real Audio on THE ATLANTIC BROADCASTING STATION [ABS]. You can hear me via my site www.afund.com or the ABS site [ http://www.abslive.com/mainabs.html]. Downloading Real audio is quite simple if you haven't already. I have yet to choose a schedule, most likely bi-weekly.
3. Louis Ehrenkrantz: My first radio call in was from someone who had attended one of these workshops two years previously. They had bought 10,000 shares of a stock that I recommended at $5 and stated that now two years later, it was $29. I asked what was the question. It was: "Will it go to 30". What difference does it make, I responded: "I could lose thousands of dollars if I sell now!"
4. I'm curious. Why is there such a vast difference between your 'lines in the sand' in your crash of 199x v.s. your 'lines' in your current market week 3/8 report. Shifting sands?? :-) >>TRADING LINES. WE RETREAT AND SOMETIMES LOSE A BATTLE IN ORDER TO WIN THE WAR!!!!
The two biggest astrological events of the year, according to your own predictions, have been complete flops. In fact, the opposite has occurred both times. That being the November post election down draft that up drafted, and the March 10-11 solar eclipse which was to crash but buoyed. Thanks for demonstrating, so clearly, that financial astrology is - in Peter Lynch's words, "A waste of time".REVISIONIST HISTORY!! CLEARLY MY NOVEMBER CALL WAS WRONG BY DIRECTION, ALTHOUGH NOT BY MAGNITUDE. EVEN SO, IT WAS QUITE TRADEABLE IF YOU HAVE READ MY BOOK INVESTING BY THE STARS. ALSO, FINANCIAL ASTROLOGY PROVIDES A TIGHT TIME WINDOW AND HENCE GREATLY REDUCED TIME PREMIUM WASTAGE. AS TO THE SECOND FORECAST, HOW DO YOU KNOW IT WAS WRONG? AT WORST, IT WAS A LOCAL TOP PREDICTED MORE THAN 5 MONTHS IN ADVANCE TO THE DAY. THIS IS PROFITABLE INFORMATION TO MOST PEOPLE. WE ALWAYS LEAVE BOTH OUR RIGHT AND WRONG FORECASTS POSTED. WHY? BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF OUR FORECASTS ARE OUTSTANDING. NO ASTROLOGER EXPECTS TO BE RIGHT 100%. THE ONLY MARKET FORECASTERS THAT I KNOW WHO CLAIM TO BE 100% ARE: BEGINNERS, LIARS, CON ARTISTS AND THOSE THAT EXPERIENCE FREQUENT MEMORY LOSS. :)
=== Interestingly, as you know, Henry Weingarten, the financial astrologer who spoke at the IRI / NYSSA Forum on Tuesday, March 11, had picked that date for the market to 'top out' and begin a decline to the 5200's. The problem is that Henry does not get as much attention as he might --- because he appears to be a brilliant market-timer and tactician --- because he combines mainstream market factoring with alternative factoring (astrology).
As it turns out, if you want to look at Tuesday, Wednesday and today as anecdotal evidence of his prediction, he is so far right on track. Henry said he was not predicting, as we possibly misstated, a 'crash', but a long correction ... one that might see some ups and downs but over-all, a downward curve on the graph which would end in July when the market bottoms out just above 5200. At these prices, that's about a 25% correction. In the past, before the program trading curbs were initiated, the market would correct about 10% every 9 months or so. We've had several years now where that has not occurred, so Henry feels we're about overdue, and the market will factor that in, skewed as it is by the market curbs (in other words, one can no longer use historical data for DJ market-timing because the market hasn't acted in a normal fashion since the program trading curbs were instituted).
If you discount Henry because of his 'astrology' connections, you might be missing the boat. Henry admits that in his factoring, astrology is maybe only 1/3rd of his calculations ... we suspect it might be less ... but whatever ... there appears to be a solid mainstream group of factors built into his overall model ... and so far, Henry, you're brazen prediction of a market top seems to have been precisely on the mark ... now it remains to be seen how the program trading curbs can skew his over-all prediction. [WSE COMMENTARY Date:97-03-13 14:22:24 EST From: email@example.com (StreetLevel)
THANK YOU, GAYLE, WELL WITH YOUR HELP AMONG OTHERS, I SHALL BECOME A HOUSEHOLD NAME? HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE WHILE ASTROLOGY IS 1/3 OF THE MARKET IT IS MORE THAN 1/3 OF THE PROFITS! MOST FUNDAMENTALS AND TECHNICALS TRENDS ARE WIDELY KNOWN AND THEREFORE BUILT INTO THE MARKET PLACE AND HENCE OF LESS TRADING VALUE THAN FINANCIAL ASTROLOGY!!!!To unsubscribe to our mailings, type UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field and send to AFUND@aol.com. ***************************************************************************** Henry Weingarten The Astrologers Fund Inc "Always a Stellar Performance" http://www.afund.com Afund@aol.com 212/949-7275 Fax 212/949-7274 350 Lexington Avenue, 4th Floor New York, N.Y. 10016-0909 Author: INVESTING BY THE STARS McGraw Hill May 16-18, 1997 Fifth Annual Astrology & Stock Market Conference NYC "Can you afford NOT to have Financial Astrology in your future?" ***************************************************************************** DISCLAIMER: PAST RESULTS ARE NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE FORECASTING ACCURACY OR PROFITABLE TRADING RESULTS. The Astrologers Fund Inc Accepts No Liability Whatsoever For Any Loss Arising From Any Use Of Its Report Or It's Contents. The Astrologers Fund Inc Or Its Clients Usually Holds Positions In The Stocks and/or Market Instruments Mentioned And May Buy Or Sell At Any Time Without Notice. This Information Is In No Way A Representation To Buy Or Sell Securities, Bonds, Options Or Futures. ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR LICENSED FINANCIAL PLANNER OR BROKER BEFORE BUYING OR SELLING ON THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE ASTROLOGERS FUND Inc.
1. OUR LINE(S) IN THE SAND
2. INTERNATIONAL ASTROLOGY DAY MARCH 20
3. WEBSITE OF THE MONTH
1. Well March 11 is almost here. We have marked our first line in the sand at 7012, P2 at 7100 and P3 at 7500. Whether the bonds will rally next week and take the DIJA to P2+, or they will retest 108.23 and DIJA 5222 here-we-come, remains to be seen. I will be actively trading this till Wednesday March 12 (March 11 +/- one day). Thereupon I fly to Orlando to lecture at the Sound Money Conference on a great high or for a much needed rest!!
2. Thursday March 20 I will be CELEBRATING the SPRING EQUINOX ON LINE: 2 PM on AOL in the ASTRONET CHATROOMS and 9 PM on the web in the STOCK TALK conference Center at: http://www.halcyon.com/scripts/tcorner/cgi-pvt/newtc-client
3. Website of the Month: http://www.roguemarket.com/ The Rogue Market is a power play on popular culture. You can buy and sell shares of celebrity artists, finance wizards, baseball players, super models, talk show hosts etc. Use your predictive skills to gain valuable experience in learning how to trade, or just have fun. My AFUND WEB LINKS section is getting a make over and worth visiting again if you haven't recently. Please send me your favorite financial web site bookmarks as well as any especially helpful or interesting web sites you have discovered.
4<< Arch Crawford publicized his anticipated 1st leg down into the 3/8 total solar eclipse. What is the significance of this and what quality of a rally should be anticipated if any from here >> WHILE THIS IS NOT OUR VIEW, A RALLY TO P2: 7100 OR P3: 7500 IS POSSIBLE IF WE ARE WRONG. I WILL TALK ABOUT THIS AFTER MY RETURN FROM FLORIDA.
Why is there so much interest in predictions of extremes in the stock markets as well as other financial and grain markets, from crashes to major rallies? PAVLOVIAN TRAINING. FORMERLY, FINANCIAL ASTROLOGERS ONLY RECEIVED MEDIA ATTENTION FOR EXTREME/BIZARRE PREDICTIONS OR AS AN ODDBALL PIECE ON MARKET SUPERSTITIONS. THAT OF COURSE, WAS BEFORE MAY1997 WHEN AT LEAST ONE MARKET PROFESSIONAL CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET (AT THE FIFTH ANNUAL ASTROLOGY AND STOCK MARKET FORECASTING CONFERENCE).
I do not want to separate astrology from market action. Synergizing the two has far greater potential than each by themselves. If there isn't much info out there on this encompassing subject, can you suggest a few key aspects to regard in this quest. Perhaps, I will need to research and developed a model in this area. I am more interested in the futures markets. What do you think? ATTEND THE 1997 ASTROLOGY AND STOCK MARKET CONFERENCE IN NYC. RICHARD MOGEY WILL BE TALKING ON S & P FORECASTING, DR. LANDSCHEIDT ON HOW TO PREDICT STOCK YIELDS, COMMODITY PRICES AND FOREX, AND YOURS TRULY ON TRADING BY THE STARS.<< Are there stocks based on persons astrological sign? And, conversely are there stocks that different signs should stay away from? >> NOT REALLY. HOWEVER YOU MAY BE ABLE TO DETERMINE WHICH COMPANIES YOU ARE MORE LIKELY TO MAKE (OR LOSE) MONEY WITH AS AN INVESTOR OR TRADER. SEE MY INVESTING BY THE STARS FOR MORE DISCUSSION ON THIS.
1. JAPAN INC
2. MORE ON MO
3. LOOK WHOSE TALKING
4. IHI WINE CELLAR
5. ANSWER #1 TO FINANCIAL ASTROLOGY RIDDLE
1. The REAL test of my Japanese investment strategy for 1997 comes after March 11 - How well it will fare in a US down turn. And if I am wrong and the market doesn't correct in March? No problem. Sony profits doubled this year, Honda's tripled etc. and Detroit will RIGHTFULLY demand a stronger Yen. So, If I am right, I make money and if I am "wrong" (can a Leo be wrong?) I make money. 1997 TODATE: SPX 740.74 - 790.82 +6.76% The Japan Fund (JEQ) 9 1/2 - 10 1/8 +6.57% Honda (HMC) 56 5/8 - 62 1/2 +10.37% Sony (SNE) 65 5/8 -72 3/8 + 9.91%
2. While MO could reach 164, we publically forecast an initial price target of 150. However, I am too nervous in front of the Clinton market correction/crash. MY revised MO EXIT STRATEGY is TIMED for Monday 3/3, and/or a 139 stop/profit point. The start of MO trouble is possible by next weekend, not coincidentally the same time I expect TROUBLE FOR the overall market. Needless to say, we were obviously pleased by their announcement of a 3-1 split plus a share buy back this past week [forecast by us in October for February.] Our number DIJA stock pick is the NUMBER ONE performing DIJA stock. Still, they have made a BIG MISTEAK!!! They should have SPLIT THE COMPANY, NOT THE STOCK, e.g. separated the food and tobacco divisions. What could their corporate astrologer have been thinking?
3. I will be the principal news maker speaker at the IRI / NYSSA Forum at the World Trade Center on March 11, 1997 at 12:30 p.m. It is televised live by NBC PFN. Dr. Theodore Lanscheidt will be conducting a post-conference workshop on May 18 at our 5th Annual Astrology and Stock Market Conference in NYC. ABSOLUTELY New Material on Cosmic Cycle Analysis will be presented on how to forecast Stock, Commodity and Foreign Exchange Markets. DON'T MISS IT!
4. Have you seen the cover of Smart Money March 1997, they are trying to help us pick out your wine for later this year.JUST ANOTHER "SIGN'' THAT IHI COULD BE THE STOCK OF THE DECADE!
Is your forecast for CD$30 for IHI before or after the four for one reverse stock split planned if their preferred share with three warrants @US$5.80/share closes in the fairly near future? Your answer may influence a potential decision as to when I might build my own wine cellar! ANY EXPERIENCED MARKET PLAYER KNOWS THAT SOMETIMES YOU GET A BAD FILL, BUT JUST AS OFTEN YOU GET A LUCKY BREAK. I WILL TAKE THE 1-4 AS GETTING ME MY WINE CELLAR FILLED UP 9-12 MONTHS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE. REALIZE THAT IF/WHEN IHI IS AS SUCCESSFUL AS I FORECAST, THE STOCK WILL NO DOUBT SPLIT ONCE OR TWICE. SO IN THE END, YOU WILL HAVE A WINE CELLAR. I WOULD SUGGEST YOU GET AN OPTION EXTENSION FROM YOUR BUILDER FOR AN ADDITIONAL YEAR TO PLAY IT SAFE.Hope you are right and that your partner is wrong about IHI. But the truth is that you've been wrong on IHI for the past 2 years. You've been right at times with it, for trading, but wrong for the long haul. what's your take on the solar eclipse with this stock? Below $1.00 Canadian? Ouch. . . WOW I DON'T HEAR NO FAT LADY SINGING. THE LONG HAUL HAS NOT EVEN BEGUN. IT IS TRUE HOWEVER, I BASE MY FORECASTS MORE ON THE BERMUDA CHART THAN THE IHI CANADA CHART. AS TIME GOES ON, MORE BUSINESS WILL COME TO THIS COMPANY AND THE STARS WILL SHINE THROUGH MORE STRONGLY. BELOW $1? IF I LOSE THAT BET WITH MY PARTNER WE WILL BOTH BUY SO MUCH STOCK WE WILL BE RICH ENOUGH TO RETIRE WITHOUT THE ASTROLOGERS FUND INC OTHER NEW VENTURES.
5 Riddle: Why will take a financial astrologer to call the next market crash? Answer: SIMPLY THIS - IN THIS BULL MARKET, PRICES ARE UP. TO MOST VALUE INVESTORS - SKY HIGH... OUT OF SIGHT... IN FACT SO FAR UP THEY ARE LITERALLY OUT OF THIS WORLD. NOW WHO IS LOOKING UP AT THE SKY AND THUS BEST ABLE TO SEE THE TOP..... RIGHT ASTROLOGERS!
6. Hi Henry, I enjoy your site, very nicely laid out..... Question, Arch Crawford has made a call to go 200% short. You seem to remain bullish from what I have read here...how can you read the same information and come to separate conclusions? I AM A BULL? AM I MISCOMMUNICATING HERE OR WHAT?
Why does the Cadbury Numbers article (2/27) project Bullish sentiment when you are saying the Bear is at our door? As always, thanks for being there! CHRIS CADBURY IS A FIRST RATE MARKET TECHNICIAN WHO CHARTS PRIMARILY MONEY FLOWS AND THE OPTION PREMIUM RATIO AMONG OTHER INDICATORS. HIS TRACK RECORD IS SO GOOD IN FORECASTING SHORT TERM MARKET MOVES, IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE HE DOESN'T SECRETLY USE ASTROLOGY!
I too believe the stock market is headed for a downward correction. So I have withdrawn all my IRA funds this week. What would you recommend doing with this money (about $30K)? I know that I have 60 days to roll over to another approved IRA account.WHY NOT STAY PUT IN CASH WHERE YOU ARE AND LET SEE WHAT MARCH/APRIL BRINGS BEFORE RUSHING ELSEWHERE?
Henry:Did you see the Forbes article on Disney and the Mickey Mouse accounting practices? I thought of your analysis. I HAVE NOTED DISNEY HAS NOT UNEXPECTEDLY RECEIVED LOTS OF POOR PRESS IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS. THEY BADLY NEED A GOOD CORPORATE ASTROLOGER TO GIVE THEM A MORE COHERENT STRATEGIC FOCUS.
There is a major flaw in all the theories that I have read on this page. You are all looking at just a few stellar entities, and a few aspects. None speak of the angles of approach and separation that they are using. That is why each one produces a different result. The best and most logical way is to look at all the stellar entities and aspects, and work out the net force at any one period. In practice I find that most cancel each other out, and the result is clear. In my pages that I update everyday on http://members.aol.com/stockstars. A summary of the strongest hard and soft aspects are shown for each hour of UK and US trading. The correlation is beautiful. See for yourself. There is very little of me or personal subjectivity in here. The Stellar entities and lunar aspects speak for themselves. I hope that you all consider this approach. MY APPROACH IS BUILT UPON MORE THAN A FEW ASPECTS - THIS IS A GENERAL NEWSLETTER. I GO THROUGH 5-10 HOROSCOPES FOR EVEN A MINOR PREDICTION AND REAMS FOR MAJOR ONES. HOWEVER, GLAD YOUR WEB SITE IS NOW PUBLIC AND WE HAVE LINKED IT TO OUR WEB PAGE AND WISH YOU THE VERY BEST.
1. PHILIP MORRIS
2. WHAT OTHER FINANCIAL ASTROLOGERS ARE SAYING
3. MORE CONFERENCES
4. FINANCIAL ASTROLOGY RIDDLE
1. Next to Japan INC, MO has been our strongest buy for first Qtr 97. However, WE MAY CLOSE OUT OR TIGHTLY STOP/PROTECT PROFITS ON MO SHORTLY, EVEN THOUGH MY ORIGINAL TARGET WAS 150+. Why? My mother called me Wednesday to ask about selling her MO holdings!!!! A long term investor, not a trader like son, I don't think she was concerned two days in advance that theTexas Attorney General Dan Morales story alleging Philip Morris destroyed incriminating documents on the health effects of smoking would hit the newswires today. Then again, she DID sell ALL her stock one week before the 1987 crash AND the March 8th eclipse is coming....and Philip Morris has a POOR horoscope for April (a DOWN month anyway), so you will easily understand my new found caution.
2. GREG MEADORS (Market Systems Newsletter: firstname.lastname@example.org) "We now expect a major top Ideally on February 14, 1997. The Market should start a corrective phase at this time....Therefore we now recommend taking profits on mutual fund and all stock positions.
ARCH CRAWFORD (Crawford Perspectives 212-744-6973) has for some time been predicting that the Bull Market will END mid-February (13-19) coinciding with a major planetary configuration taking place over that period, making that time frame comparable to the "harmonic Convergence" which topped the market on August 14, 1987 prior to the market CRASH of that year.
Henry Weingarten (ASTROLOGERS FUND www.afund.com) states that Tech Stocks will peak within a lunar cycle of the Jupiter/Uranus conjunction (2/15) and the the current bull market will be "over" or in corrective phase by March 11.
3. I will be speaking on TRADING BY THE STARS at the NYC Investment Conference on March 7th at the Marriott Marquis Hotel -- 1535 Broadway (between 45th and 46th Streets). FREE ADMISSION. Reservations by calling 1-800-700-7811. Speakers include: Gayle Essary, Bill Bresnan, Ed Taxin, Jerry Wenger and George Chelekis.
I will be doing an on-line STOCK TALK conference on the web on International Astrology Day (SPRING EQUINOX) 9 PM EST March 20. You can get details and register from http://www.halcyon.com/scripts/tcorner/cgi-pvt/newtc-client
4 Riddle: Why will take a financial astrologer to predict the next market crash? Answer next week!
AURA BEST, HENRY
To unsubscribe to our mailings, type UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field and send to AFUND@aol.com.
FEBRUARY WALL STREET NEXT WEEK REPORTS
PAST WALL STREET NEXT WEEK REPORTS
|Return To Main Menu|