1. ASTROLOGERS FUND IN THE NEWS
2. SIRE MEETING FORECASTS: 1/21/97
3. JANUARY 23: AFUND, EG AND A FULL MOON MARKET PIVOT
4. LETTERS 5. MARK YOUR CALENDAR MAY 16,17 1997
1. We are pleased that our Reuters story on 1/23 forecast the last market pivot. This was preceded last week by an interview in the Quick Nikkei News. They were overwhelmed by the response to Financial Astrology among their readership. I find THAT surprising.
2. I will be posting some of abstracts of the annual SIRE meeting next month. Most of the annual speakers (including me) were bearish... A advance few tidbits:
a) Bonds closing under 110.21 in January/February and BYE BYE bonds. Of course we are big bond bears (like the Magi folks). b) We are in a tired (last stage) BULL market with many professional money manager, nervous fully invested BEARS. c) INDEX FUNDS ARE A VERY BAD IDEA FOR 1997 d) Talk of investing Social Security funds in the Stock Market is a sure sign that the top is near. e) As the market goes down, longs may hold, but Sellers (and Shorts) will increase their positions more.
3) January 23 Reuters released a story on our bearish market stance, the same day Elaine Gazarelli turned Bullish. Who is doing better? Note also the following: the STAR OF DAVID astrological configuration (see: http://www.gaiamind.com/). Remember how the "Harmonic Convergence was one marker of the 87 top? FINANCIAL ASTROLOGY LESSON #2: Thursday January 23 was a Full Moon (CRAZY) day in the markets! UP 50 to 6900 and then down 150 in short order.
4. Q: What kind of stocks will be in the Pluto Fund? Small caps, mid caps, blue chips? A: The Astrologers Fund Pluto Fund is a Global Hedge Fund. We plan on being long whatever stocks willl go up if we are long or down if we are short. The same with commodities! I am a student of Will Rogers. "If it goes up,, buy it. If it doesn't go up, don't buy it!"
Q: November Crash? Short Microsoft? Don't you think you should wait until the yield on the long bond breaks 7% to start shorting some of these high flyers? Personally I'm waiting for the non-farm payroll and wage reports to come in strong again and plan to perhaps go short Mar 6th before the March numbers are released. If the Feb numbers come in strong like Jan, Mar could set up a great short opportunity. What do you think? I've seen Mar 11th tossed about, what's the deal with Mar 11th. Thanks. A; NAH, I LIKED BEING SHORT THE LAST TWO DAYS. OF COURSE THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING.
Q: As an admirer and enjoyer of both your AFund posts and your books, I feel the obligation to draw your attention to the following excerpt from today's post: Astrology Lesson 101. Friday the Sun [the day] was conjunct [is] Neptune [unreal]. Neptune is in conjunction with Jupiter [BIG time] A stock market at 6800-- that is full of Jupiter (big) Neptune (fools). See my Study of Astrology and INVESTING BY THE STARS for more astrology basics.
It's not that simple. Although the Sun is (was) indeed conjunct the Neptune-Jupiter figure, it is (was) at the same time transiting trine its radical place at 27Ta15 in the inception chart for the NYSE. The vitality of this week's rally is therefore no surprise. Further, although bigness is a trait of Jupiter which becomes exaggeration when conjoined with Neptune, "unreal" or "fools" is an over-subjective definition of transiting Neptune. "Impressionable" or "receptive" - yes - even "deceptive." But that entire Sun-Neptune-Jupiter figure is transiting trine the radical Sun for the NYSE.The textbook manifestation would be "increased vitality with excessive confidence."
Remember also that the proximity of the Sun to Neptune and Jupiter in the 27 Capricorn neighbourhood renders them combust and hence of little real effect. The confidence is doubtless misplaced but that isn't halting the rally. Much more significant is the current separation of the Saturn and Mars transits from conjunction with the radical NYSE Nodes and the current Nodes. There is nothing here, though, to signal an end to the present rally.Nor do I see any forthcoming transits capable of bringing in resistance and halting the rally. Not before Fri. Mar. 28/97 when Saturn applies conjunct radical MC for the NYSE. Do you?
I AGREE IT IS NEVER THAT SIMPLE. I AM INCLUDING YOUR LETTER TO SHOW READERS THE TYPE OF REASONING THAT IS INVOLVED WITH TRUE ASTROLOGICAL DECISION MAKING. HOWEVER, THE RALLY WAS HALTED, ATLEAST TEMPORARILY ON JANAURY 23.
5. How are you planning to celebrate the NYSE 205th birthday? By attending the Astrologers Fund's 5th Annual Astrology and Stock Market conference May 16, 17 in NYC at the Hotel Intercontinental? Great Idea!!!!
PAST WALL STREET NEXT WEEK REPORTS
|Return To Main Menu|