Wall Street, Next Week is a weekly Email/Fax newsletter @$300 annually.
New subscriber Intro - $99 for 3 months.
Note: One week delayed posting on www.afund.com and AOL.
1. FULL MOON FRIDAY
2. OXFORD HEALTH PLANS
3. STOCK-LINE INTERVIEW
4. MICROSOFT NEWS RELEASE
1. The big events this week are the FOMC watch November 12 and Friday's Full Moon at 9:12am ET. The latter signals a V3 day occurring so close to market open i.e. a likely 200+ DIJA intraday move.
Friday's test of 7500 was NOT convincing. Whether one took some trading profits at 7500 and then re-entered on close, or just held, we are actively playing WSNW Alerts 21 and 22. We expect to close out our positional short from 7665+ as early as November 18 but most definitely before the Sun enter Sagittarius on the November 22 and most likely between Nov.19 and 20th.
ASIA: Finally Japan is dealing with its bank crisis.... we are preparing to buy.
GOLD: Chinese Proverb: "True Gold fears no Fire". While not committing fresh capital and with Friday's XAU decline a disappointment, GOLD is still a great buy, waiting the for the fat lady to sing in December.
KEY DATES: Nov 12, Nov 14
STOCKS: Buy Watch: DOW Dogs GM and BA Sell: Banks and Brokerage Stocks
DIJA: Pivot 7500 P1 7222 and P2 6950 or P1 7665 and P2 7722
2. OXFORD HEALTH CARE (OXHP) I never expected to actually buy a Portfolio 2000 stock before next summer as most require 50-60% drop before value. OXHP is value at 33 and we bought between 241/2 and 26. Thank you. Whether a short term trade to 33 or a long term hold, OXHP, OXHP, OXHP. To me, this is such an obvious technical buy PLUS a pure value.
NY TIMES Editorial Nov. 7 re: OXFORD
"When its current contract with NBC expires, Warner Brother reportedly plans to ask $10 million for the license to air a single episode of its hit show 'E.R.' That is a record. At 22 to 25 episodes per session, licensing 'E.R.' could cost NBC or ones of its competitors nearly $500 million for a two year contract for the equivalent of NBC's annual profit...."
There is another way to look at this. Stock in Oxford Health Plans - a local managed-care company - recently plummeted 62.4%. The answer to this dimension of America' health-care crisis is obvious - stop investing in real health-care providers and invest in fictional ones instead - The return is much higher........
3. We were recently interviewed on Stock-Line. If you have real audio, CLICK HERE to visit their web site and hear my interview.
4. In addition to ridiculously overpriced stock, Microsoft is getting ready to fight some serious anti-trust action. IF, and I repeat IF, Microsoft does not continue to fumble the ball and maintains hegemony over computer systems, then it will be subject to a breakup in the same way Andrew Carnegie's US Steel was forced to be broken up by Teddy Roosevelt nearly 100 years ago. To forestall this probable course of action by future President Bill Bradley, we recently came across a private Microsoft press release code: named Windows Action 2000 on the net: An excerpt follows:
REDMOND, Wash. - Oct. 21, 1997 -- In direct response to accusations made by the Department of Justice, the Microsoft Corp. announced today that it will be acquiring the federal government of the United States of America for an undisclosed sum. "It's actually a logical extension of our planned growth", said Microsoft chairman Bill Gates, "It really is going to be a positive arrangement for everyone."
Microsoft representatives held a briefing in the oval office of the White House with US President Bill Clinton, and assured members of the press that changes will be "minimal". The United States will be managed as a wholly owned division of Microsoft. An initial public offering is planned for July of next year end the federal government is expected to be profitable by "Q4 1999 at the latest", according to Microsoft president Steve Ballmer.
5. Your predication for selling the US markets and buying it again were very precise. And I was impressed by your good work. Keep it on. :)
HW: So was I- you know as hard as it is to believe, this astrology stuff REALLY WORKS!
Regarding your recommendation of buying Hong Kong for 13,000 - 13,400. When do you expect to see that interval? I totally agree with your sell suggestion at 13,000 - 13,400 since I expect there will be another down period according to Elliott Wave Principle after Hang Seng reaches about 13,700 theoretically.
HW: Before the Chinese New Year would make me a happy camper.
Short term trading accounts obviously took quick profits, but intermediate and long term ones keep accumulating.
After subscribing WSNW, I am amazed by what astrology can do. Now I would like to have a fundamental understanding about it. Can you suggest me any book for entry level learner?
HW: Sure -INVESTING BY THE STARS by Henry Weingarten, Publisher McGraw Hill.
In the past you wrote about Gallery Resources (GYR:ASE). I was just wondering if you have any comments on the latest drill activity in Voisey Bay?
HW: I agree with the what ASE market is saying: A Hold, not a Buy or Sell.
PAST WALL STREET NEXT WEEK REPORTS
Wednesdays, listen to our ABS radio program TRADING BY THE STARS
|Return To Main Menu|